Are you passionate about the Service you attend?
Do you want to see positive changes take place?
Are you keen to get involved?
Can you help identify ways in which service users can get involved in helping to improve the quality of CGL services?
Would you like the opportunity to represent service users at this HUB?
Would you like to get involved in the recruitment process and be a part of interview panels?
Do you want to participate in Mystery Shopper exercises?
If you have answered YES to all the above then you should apply for the role of Service User Rep (applications available at reception).
If you know someone that may be suitable for the role then please encourage them to apply for this very important volunteer position.
In return for your commitment you will get; Regular supervision, Training to support your role, Lunch expenses paid for (if you support 5 hours or more in a single day) Travel expenses paid for (for any travel you conduct as a Service user rep), and ongoing support from your Service user involvement lead Mohammed Amad. If you have any questions please come see your service user rep or Mohammed Amad ay Burnley.
Interview will take place in July and Training will be delivered on August 13th 2019
Service User Rep Roles and Responsibilities: (Summary)
- Become a voice for service users; represent service user locally and nationally (expenses paid)
- Be accessible to all service users attending the project
- Attend all the training related to the role.
- Seek feedback from our service users (via forums/surveys/questionnaires).
- Pass feedback to service users from local service Meetings, Regional and National SUC councils, team meetings
- Work in partnership with staff to improve services
- Lead on local service user councils/forums and meetings
- Identify ways in which service users can get involved in improving the quality of services
- Support/ participate in SUI activities such as CGL recruitment drives, Mystery Shopper exercises, Care Quality Commission visits, Quality Improvement audits
Service user rep person specifications: (Summary)
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues service users face
- Empathic, solution focused approach
- Excellent listening and communication skills with a range of people
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- To be able to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to attend regular supervision and undertake work related accreditation
- To work within the boundaries of the role in a caring and compassionate way
- Work as part of a team
- Provide relevant identification for a DBS check